A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury (TBI) caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head or by a hit to the body that causes the head and brain to move rapidly back and forth.
How Can You Tell If You Have Had a Concussion?
- Any difficulty walking
- Any loss of consciousness, confusion, or significant agitation
- One pupil (the black part in the middle of the eye) larger than the other
- Loss of ability to identify people, places, the date, or self
- Loss of motion or sensation, weakness, numbness or loss of coordination
- Persistent, worsening headache
- Repeated vomiting
- Slurred speech or difficulty with expression
- Kids will not stop crying and cannot be consoled
- Kids will not nurse or eat
- Get to the ER right away if you have any of these danger signs after any type of head injury, no matter how minor it may seem.
How Can InMotion Help You?
- Chiropractic adjustments to restore function of the neck and suboccipital region, which are often affected with head injury and result in headaches and neck stiffness
- Physical Rehabilitation to restore strength and muscle symmetry as well as postural changes
- Muscle stimulation and cold laser therapy to reduce muscle tension, inflammation, asymmetry and promote healing
- Neurological rehab to re-connect brain and cervical spine signaling, often associated with headaches, vertigo/dizziness, spatial awareness issues, disconnected feelings
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitative stretching to retrain muscle groups and improve feedback to the brain